Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happytimes, etc.

I know it's been a while since I last posted, but I needed a spot of time to have some intimate time with my Savior. This has by far been the most fruitful semester that I've had in some time. It's late so that's all that I'll say about that for now, but expect more quite soon.

It occurred to me recently, naturally while doing the goofiest form of exercise (rollerblading), that I tend to get so caught up in defining who God is without ever actually asking Him who he is. The image that came to me was this: God busting out of his workshop with a Moray eel around his neck and shouting lightheartedly and excitedly for all of heaven to hear, "Look, look what I made!" In this picture, He thought it was hilarious that He, God, Creator of all had created something so hideous. That's when it dawned upon me for one of the very first times that the Lord is the one who created my sense of humor. He is the creator of the child's heart. He is giddiness and exuberance at the core. He is every squeal and giggle that escape Paxton's eager lips. There is such freedom in embracing God's true character and in asking Him to reveal Himself. It's one of my new aspirations to begin cataloguing different aspects of His personality.


Can you believe that this little prince is two?

Soon,

- Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment